Saturday, May 22, 2010

Easy Peasy Garlic and Chive Bread


Ingredients

1 Store bought long roll or baguette

5- 6 tablespoons of butter (varying according to taste and regard to cholesterol and fat intake reasons). 
I personally don't care much for low fat, no-fat kinda mentality, although I  subscribe to a balanced and healthy lifestyle of exercise and health eating.  Given these circumstances, I think one is free to eat widely from all categories. 

Ground garlic.  I have a preference for fresh garlic that I mince by mortar and pestle myself.  In this recipe and most others I have used about 8-10 gloves of garlic, leaving many coarse bits.  But once again, vary according to your own requirements.  No dictators roam here.  It's an autonomous guideline site for cooking fans.  I think that's hypenated by the way 'autonomous-guideline-site'.

8 Sprigs of fresh chives, finely chopped.


Method

Slice bread in half, lengthwise, but do not completely separate the two pieces, leaving the end intact.  Then further slice bread diagonally, in 2.5 - 3 centimetre spacing.  

Butter the two lengthwise slices and then in between the diagonal bits. 

Butter the top of bread and bake in an oven of 180 degree (Celsius) oven, un-covered for extra crunch. 

Remove from oven when bread feels toasty and warm, so give it maybe fifteen minutes. 

There I told you it was easy.  Eat with sweet chilli philly or whatever you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment